Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Approaching the 6 Year Anniversary

It is really frustrating to think this March 31st will mark the 6 year anniversary of having my world turned upside down.  So close, and still not home.  But, we are visiting.

Our first house fire was 6 years, 4 addresses, the entire lifetime of my 5 year-old son, the loss of another beloved dog, and so much stress and weight-gain ago.   We are now trying to re-finance to get it completed and moved back in before my next birthday. 

How will this change my life?  We are currently living in a one bedroom apartment that we were supposed to be in for 6 months.  It will be 16 months end of April.  We have been working on our house and unofficially living in our basement.  We don't sleep there.  But, we have 1 toilet hooked and in the "Pain-Cave" bathroom.  We still need a cabinet to have a sink. But we watch movies on the television via the dvd player.  My daughter has her dolls set up, my son has his cars and Legos. I go and spin on my bike, sometimes accompanied by my son.  And when it is time to go home, to eat, to sleep, no one wants to leave.

 Little by little, my husband has been progressing.  We even have grass seed sewn in part of the front yard.  (Not to mention the spinach seed in the garden.) Electricity is hooked up, we have lights on light switches on most areas, we have water, we even have heat.  But we still need insulation and drywall, cabinets, and furnishings.  But it's progress and so much closer than it used to be.

What I really need is the ability to multi-task.  We are saving about $20 a week now that we can do our laundry at the house, but kids still need showers and meals.  I look forward to when I can spin on the bike, while the laundry and dishes are being cleaned and dinner is in the oven.  I look forward to waking up and running on the treadmill because it is 10 degrees outside and the roads are icy.  Most of all, I look forward to waking up and being home.

3/20/17 - Update - the loan has been approved, but we have a little  paperwork to finish before work starts...and finishes.  I am looking forward to a true housewarming in Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment